The main cause of hair loss is excessive use of shampoos and other hair products that have chemicals in them. The stress and anxiety that people suffer in their busy life are also said to be the reasons that lead to hair loss. Hair loss is common in men, but rare in women, often only occurring due to age, disease, serious hormonal changes or stress. While there are a number of medical remedies for hair loss that can be prescribed, there are also natural remedies that have been found to slow or stop hair loss in many women.
1. Lemongrass This herb helps stabilizing oil product in the scalp. It also provides nourishment to the hair. You can use oil of lemongrass for massage as well.
2. Using steam on your hair is also said to be a good way of hair loss prevention. Dip a towel into hot water, squeeze out the excess and wrap it on your hair. Leave it on the hair till the towel becomes cold and then repeat the process for ten minutes. Do not forget to have a oil massage, before using steam.
3. Many herbalists recommend taking large amounts of saw palmetto every day to prevent hair loss in women, according to Homemademedicine.com. The herb blocks a certain type of testosterone that is known to kill hair follicles on the scalp and cause baldness in both men and women. Taking saw palmetto should be done twice daily in 160 milligram tablets in order to see results.
4. Omega 3 fatty acids, which are good for our health in so many ways, have also been shown to prevent hair loss. Consuming substantial amounts of omega 3s can help you avoid hair loss in the first place.
5. Dong Quai Formation of DHT is the main cause of hair loss. Dong Quai contains phytoestrogens, which reduces the formation of DHT. Hence, Dong Quai is believed to be helpful in hair loss.
6. Rubbing your scalp with your fingers is also said to be a good way of controlling hair loss. Once you have washed your hair, rub your scalp vigorously with your fingers until heat is generated in that area. This helps in increasing blood circulation and subsequently hair growth.
7. A natural remedy for hair loss that has gained respect is ginger. It promotes growth and prevents thinning by stimulating hair follicles.
The common herb, rosemary, fights the possibility of attaining dandruff by 30%. Over time, dandruff leads to hair loss. It also helps to remove sebum accumulation, which is a mixture of fats, salts and cholesterol – a factor in the slow closing of hair follicles.
8. Just like our body, even our hair requires essential nutrients and vitamins to stay healthy. Hence, it is important that people indulge in a hair loss prevention diet to get rid of the problem of hair loss and also to promote hair growth. As hair loss prevention vitamins include vitamin A, B, C and E, make sure that you consume food containing all these important vitamins. The hair loss prevention foods include leafy vegetables, fresh fruits, nuts, grains, seeds, etc. Including milk, yeast, wheat germ, honey, etc. in one’s diet are also good way of preventing hair loss.