For some when you start to lose your hair you begin to feel hopeless. Some may start to withdraw from the outside world only leaving home to go to work. Others may channel or redirect their feelings and pour tons of money into hair loss treatments without doing the proper research. The hair care market is saturated with products and procedures that promise to stop hair loss and regrow hair, but many of them are simply unproven. Before committing to a commercial product, consider some home remedies that are easy, effective and inexpensive. While they won’t produce a new head of hair overnight, they can help treat some of the causes of thinning hair and hair loss and won’t break the bank.
1. In a cup of curd mix 1 teaspoon of pepper powder and apply this to your hair. Leave it on the hair for an hour and wash it off with lukewarm water. This will work wonders for your hair.
2. Once you wash your hair, rub your scalp vigorously till heat is generated. This helps in enhancing blood circulation, which in turn is good for hair growth.
3. No cure exists for hair loss, and herbs certainly don’t hold the magic secret; however, herbs often work to treat the symptoms of some common diseases and disorders, so the same might be true for hair loss. According to the National Institutes of Health National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, herbs such as lavender, saw palmetto and thunder god vine can be used to treat hair loss, although the center does not state their effectiveness. Before seeking herbal treatments, it is best to determine the underlying cause of your hair loss by consulting a doctor. If your problem is genetic, there may be little you can do to solve it; if it is hormonal, however, herbs that treat hormonal imbalances may be effective.
4. Are you eating healthy and consuming meals that are rich in protein? Proper nutrition consisting of proteins such as lean meats, fish, and lentils is one of the best natural remedies for treating your condition. You can also start with drinking a healthy cocktail every morning that consists of alfalfa juice, lettuce (make sure it’s some sort of green leafy lettuce), and carrot juice. In addition to your diet, you may also want to contact your physician to rule out any underlying conditions that may be responsible for your excessive loss of hair.
5. Egg yolks provide the necessary nutrients to the hair. You can also choose to apply the egg white to the hair as well. Apply it for half an hour before you wash your hair. See the results for yourself.
6. Massage your hair with olive or coconut oil at least twice in a week. Massaging helps in making the roots of the hair strong, thus improving hair growth.
7. DHT inhibitors – DHT is a metabolite that is eventually produced by the androgens in our bodies. DHT causes the hair follicles to shrink and stops the growth of hair. A DHT inhibitor will effectively lower the production of DHT in the body. However, the lower production of DHT carries with it a few side effects.
8. Mix lime juice with coconut oil and apply the mixture to your hair every time before you wash your hair. It is preferable if you can leave it overnight. This will prevent dandruff and arrest hair fall.
9. Egg which is considered to be one of the important parts of a healthy diet is said to one of the best natural hair growth remedies. Eggs act as a conditioner and is best for people who have dull and dry hair. Take 2 egg yolks in a bowl and mix two teaspoons of castor oil to it. Apply this mixture on your hair, while massaging your scalp with your fingertips. Leave it on your hair for 15 – 20 minutes and then rinse with lukewarm water. Another way of using eggs as a natural remedy for hair growth is to make a mixture of 1 egg yolk, cup yogurt, and a little lime skin. Apply this on every strand of hair and rinse after 10 minutes.